The Planning Board, effective July 1, 2008, will schedule regular meetings at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month, unless posted otherwise.
Holidays and other factors will sometimes require adjustments to the regular schedule. When such adjustments are made, the schedule for the ensuing months will be posted here. During May through August, the regular meetings are typically impacted by holidays, vacations and special events. Yet, in 2020, the circumstances and meeting demands are impacting the schedule differently. It is anticipated that all meeting and hearings will be held "virtually" using the Google Hangout Meet platform. At this time, the Board has altered the schedule for meetings in June through September 2020 such that the current schedule of meetings is as follows (however, meetings may be cancelled/rescheduled and meeting times may be changed due to unexpected events and additional meetings are likely to be added to the schedule):
- Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business
- Monday, June 15, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearing on Proposed North Pole Estates on Hadley Street - Focus on Stormwater Management Plan and Hydrogeolocial Assessment
- Monday, June 22, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearing on Proposed North Pole Estates on Hadley Street - Focus on Traffic Analysis and Definitive Plan
- Monday, July 13, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Proposed Definitive Plan for North Pole Estates on Hadley Street.
- Monday, July 20, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Proposed Site Plan Review and Special Permit for new Peoples Bank on Newton Street at Lyman Street and Dayton Street.
- CANCELLED Monday, July 27, 2020.
- CANCELLED Monday, August 10, 2020.
- Monday, August 24, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business and public hearing on Peoples Bank Site Plan Review and Special Permit.
- Monday, September 14, 2020 - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Proposed Definitive Plan for North Pole Estates on Hadley Street
- Monday, September 21, 2020 - Regular Business
- Monday, September 28, 2020 - TENTATIVE - Regular Business & Public Hearings (May be rescheduled)
Virtual Meetings/Hearings Guidelines
The Planning Board has adopted guidelines/protocols for conducting virtual (online) public hearings. These are posted at the following location:https://southhadley.org/1043/Virtual-Public-Hearing-Guidelines
While special meetings are rare, they may be scheduled as necessary and will be posted no less than 48 hours on the bulletin board at Town Hall prior to the meeting as required by State Law and on the town’s website calendar.
Unless posted otherwise, all meetings are scheduled to be held in the Selectboard meeting room in Town Hall.
Submittal of Items for Meeting Agendas
The Planning Board agenda is generally posted no later than the Thursday preceding the scheduled meeting date. Therefore, materials for items to be placed on the agenda must be received in the Planning Board Office no later than the Monday preceding the Planning Board meeting at which it is to be considered.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- Items for which a public hearing must be scheduled, such as a definitive plan, special permit, or site plan review, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date for which a public hearing is being requested.
- Items which do not require a public hearing, but do require notification of abutters, such as illumination of a sign, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 21 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.
- Items which require inter-departmental reviews, but not a public hearing, such as a preliminary subdivision plan, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.